Thursday, June 2, 2011

Raw Day One

Raw Day One went pretty well.  I ate 80% raw, which was pretty good, especially considering it was my very first day!

I found myself very hungry in the afternoon, and couldn't figure it out--after all, I'd been eating ALL DAY!!--but when I tallied the calories (just to make sure--I don't actually count calories), I found that it was very low, despite eating an entire avocado.  More food needed apparently.  Live and learn.  That's what this experiment is for, right?

I'm also still having my morning cup of tea with milk.  The milk is pasteurized, but not having my tea would leave such a huge space in my day!  It's not because of the caffeine, I just love my tea.  Any tea-lovers out there will know what I mean.

I have two things at the library waiting for me after work today.  One is a documentary, "Raw for 30 Days" about a group of people with both type-one and type-two diabetes going raw for 30 days.  I hear it's amazing, so I thought I'd watch it.  The other is a raw cookbook.  I'm hoping I can gather some good recipes over the month, since I hope to incorporate raw foods into my regular diet (that's diet like this is my healthy diet, not diet like I'm on a diet) once the 30 days are done.  I'm also the kind of person who can't eat the same thing over and over (which isn't very nutritionally-balanced anyway), so I need to gather recipes to try.

So, so far so good.  I need to figure out how much food is enough, since so much of what is eaten in the raw food diet is fruits and veggies, but I'll get there.  I want to make sure I do this month properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment