I use a lot of almond milk, when I eat a lot of raw food. Pre-packaged almond milk isn't raw most of the time, and in addition to the waste generated by the packaging, it's getting more expensive!
All you have to do is:
1. Soak 1 cup raw almonds in fresh water overnight in the fridge.
2. Rinse the almonds.
3. Pour the almonds into a blender.
4. Add water till you get to the "4 cup" line on the blender.
5. Whir for about a minute.
6. Wait for a moment, allowing the almond bits to settle to the bottom again.
7. Whir for about another minute.
8. Put the mesh bag into the jar, with a decent portion of the opening outside of the jar. Hold it firmly to the jar mouth.
9. Pour blender contents into the bag, and allow it to drain into the jar. Encourage it strain, by gently squeezing the bag, making sure the milk goes into the jar.
10. Continue squeezing the pulp in the bag, until all the liquid is gone.
What's in the jar is almond milk! How COOL is that?!
The almond pulp can be used in breads, muffins, and raw breads and crackers. I plan on trying to make raw almond crackers soon, so stay tuned!
Also up next--Essene bread!